Friday, August 1, 2008

Nursery Progress

We've made some progress on the nursery this week. I've had some sort of pre-baby anxiety about Eliza coming home to an unfinished bedroom, so any progress is good. The furniture is in position, with exception of the changing table we're still waiting for. I'm very unsure about having to mix cherry furniture with white furniture. Still, I think it's coming along nicely. My sister Susan bought us the cherry crib and we couldn't possibly love it more.

Here's the before picture of the baby's room:
Photobucket

Sponge painted walls and a leopard area rug! Yum!

And here's Miss Eliza's room in progress as of tonight:
Photobucket

The crib is my favorite part of the room. You can see my Raggedy Ann's head sticking out from under the Boppy:
Photobucket

I'm entirely in love with that chair. We're going to have to find an area rug for this room because the rockers tend to slide backward on the wood floors. Also, this dresser is a hand-me-down from Brian's Grandmother. As much as I didn't want to mix white furniture with the cherry, I think this dresser is really cute!:
Photobucket

We painted the back of her door with chalkboard paint. If she finds herself tempted to break out the Crayola and draw on the walls, we can point her in a more productive direction:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That chalkboard paint was a clever idea!!! I love Eliza's room!

    ReplyDelete