Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Elbow Macaroni

Yesterday my mother managed to fall on her way out of a drug store and break her elbow. Well, break isn't so much the word. Shatter is a better term. She went to the surgeon today and elbow replacement surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

I need positive vibes, prayers, chi, and what have you that she'll not only have a safe surgery, but that she'll recover in time to be here for Eliza's birth. She's having general anesthesia, which is dangerous for someone with the medical conditions my mother suffers with. Fingers crossed for her, please.

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely keep her in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I just read your posting about your mother getting a replacement elbow. How is she doing? I fell 4 1/2 years ago and also shattered my elbow beyond repair. I received a replacement in Jan of 2004. If you and your mother are interested, I can give you my experiences. My arm was perfectly healthy before this happened and it will never be the same again. I wish I had gotten a 2nd opinion, but that is too late now. I can tell you more if you are interested.

    Give your mother my best. I hope she does well with it.

    ReplyDelete