Friday, August 29, 2008

She's here!

At 11:45 p.m., Aug. 28, 2008, Eliza Jane Smith entered the world via C-section, as Janie's induction failed after more than two days.

Janie developed a slight fever from her water being broken around noon, and that, combined with her cervix not moving at all in about six hours, led Dr. Hodges to take her back for a C-section around 11:20. Janie had fortunately gotten an epidural earlier in the evening, so they were able to crank it up for the section.

Janie's recovering right now, and apparently everything went well when they closed her, so she should heal pretty well.

Pictures to come once I've actually got some (I was in the OR and then took Eliza into the nursery, so I couldn't get any myself.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know she didn't want a c-section but i'm glad it went alright and Miss Eliza is well.. so glad she's here!!

    ReplyDelete