Thursday, December 11, 2008

Less than two days...

...until we're in Lexington to stay.

It's kind of sad, in a way. The house was and is a great little place to live, and I hate that we can't just take it with us.

However, it came down to choosing between our house and making sure that Janie and Eliza can go to the doctor when they need to, and I think we made the right decision. I would feel awful if Janie needed to go to the hospital for something and couldn't because we couldn't afford it, so getting her coverage is a big load off my mind.

Sure, we'd be better off if we didn't have the house on the market right now, but I'm optimistic that we can do something with it fairly quickly so we can get settled more permanently up there. Eliza needs a good place of her own to grow up in, and I want us to give that to her as quickly as we can.

Tonight, we dine with family. Tomorrow, we do the hardcore packing, then dine with more family. Saturday, we pile what we can in the car and set out on a new adventure with the wind at our backs and our future ahead of us.

Goodbye, house. Maybe we'll meet again some day.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, As I write this letter I have tears of pride and gratefulness. I know how you feel leaving your home. It hurts.
    I will always be impressed with your Grandparents, your Dad and Hope when they worked so hard on the house to help you and Janie' That house is a symbol of what is to come. There will always be memories you will share with Janie as you move forward. Each time you go home you will drive by to see how the house looks. I see only good coming your way. You are a fantastic husband and father. Thank you for loving my daughter so much. Eliza is the best of both of you. I know your family is hurting because you 3 are leaving.
    Stay in touch with them... The blog helps... God Bless... drive well and welcome home Janie and brian.

    Grammy...

    ReplyDelete