Thursday, December 18, 2008

Adapting

Being back in Lexington is handy in so many ways. Last night we needed to go to Babies R Us, so we got in the car and drove five minutes and ended up at Babies R Us. So much better than the two aisles of baby stuff packed into the back corner of the Paducah Toys R Us. Much better than the 35 minute drive just to get to the two aisles of baby stuff packed into the back corner of the Paducah Toys R Us.

Life in our temporary living space has proven to be not that bad. I'll try to take a few pictures later today. My aunt lives in a 4 bedroom duplex and we inhabit the front downstairs bedroom. Bedroom is a bit of an understatement. It's more of a large family room, really. When I was in my late teens/early 20s, I lived in the other side of this duplex with my Mom and my sister. I had enough space in my bedroom for a couch, end tables, my bed, a recliner, a dresser and plenty of extra walking space. Right now we have a small love seat, a couple of chairs, a coffee table, a kitchen table, 4 chairs, a small kitchen island (although it's pushed up against the wall and currently holds baby clothes), a TV on a small entertainment center, two bedside tables, our full size bed and Eliza's pack n play. Believe it or not, we still have walking space! Brian's Dad and Stepmom are going to attempt to bring Eliza's crib and maybe her changing table next week (although I see snow in the forecast for Tuesday, guys!). I hope we get that worked out. Eliza would be much happier and we can really use the storage drawers under her crib.

Eliza is doing fairly well. I think she's a bit confused with all the changes, but she's sleeping well in her pack n play. Her ears seem to be clearing up a little, too. She seemed to be in a much better mood last night. We're extremely excited for our trip back to Mayfield on Christmas Eve. I just hope Santa can track us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment