Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Food Fight

Eliza refuses to swallow food with any sort of texture. So far she's rejected tiny bites of macaroni, ham, mashed potatoes, and tiny pieces of fajita. She's just not into adult food. She's firmly a stage 2 baby food baby at the moment, but I tried to give her some stage 3 food yesterday. It was a chickeny thing with tiny little pasta balls in it. She really seemed to enjoy the chicken sauce stuff, but she sucked all of it off the pasta balls and then spit the pasta balls out. She looked like a malfunctioning gumball machine. I'm not trying to feed her more than I would feed, say, Keira Knightley at a sitting. Still, she's having none of it. I'm hoping this is the result of an immature gag reflex and she'll start to try more and more table food. For now, we're still an Organic Gerber family. The good news us, she'll pick up puffs with her thumb and index finger. Sometimes she hits her mouth, sometimes she doesn't. Still, I'm very proud.

On a personal note, I appreciate all of the inquiries about my health. Turns out my years of battles with my tummy were likely related to gallstones. I see the PA at my doctor's office again tomorrow and will probably get a surgical referral. I suppose all of this contingent upon what we find out about my heart rhythm problem, but I'm glad to have an answer. Thanks for the concern.

Now, ignore our messy coffee table. Here's a picture of Eliza before her big 80s dance movie audition. What a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment