Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Crazy Busy

The past week or so has been ridiculously busy. Brian was off last Friday, so we headed out to Keeneland to make use of our season passes. Friday's trip wasn't profitable, but the weather was incredible. Later in the day we decided to head out to Applebees park to partake in baseball festivities. Eliza had a fantastic time. She loved watching all the little kids running around. I can't wait until she's big enough to get out of her stroller and go play with them.

Saturday we went shopping and cleaned out the Carter's store. They were having an incredible sale, so Eliza is fully outfitted for summer. We also squeezed in dinner at Saul Good. I know people rave about this place all the time, but it really is incredible. Reasonably priced food in an upscale chic atmosphere. I had bacon and eggs for dinner and Brian had chicken and waffles. I also ordered up some of the most amazing beer cheese I've ever tasted. When we left, they packaged up my remaining beer cheese and even refilled my dippers. As Brian said when we left, they're going into "rotation" now.

After shopping and dinner, we played laser tag with my nephew and his friend at the new Champs complex. There were a ton of shady charaters hanging out in the parking lot. You couldn't pay me to drop my tween off alone at that place. Laser tag was good fun (and exercise). I think we'll have to do that again soon.

We attempted to do absolutely nothing on Sunday, but things picked up again yesterday. Brian was busy with a big story at work and me and Eliza headed to Lexington so I could have my CT scan. I'm hoping to have those results back soon. As usual, Eliza made friends with the receptionist at the scanning place and a random old man when we stopped for lunch at McDonalds. Quite the charmer.

Since I've been taking Eliza in my car a lot more, I decided yesterday that we need two car seats or we needed to get another base for our current car seat. In researching new ones, I found out that Eliza has just about outgrown her current car seat. It only supports babies up to 22 lbs. and Eliza weighs 21.3. We went to Target last night and got a brand new car seat for Brian's car and we put the old one in my car for now. As soon as she's up to 22 lbs, we'll ditch that one and I guess we'll just have to switch the new car seat back and forth. That thing is HUGE, so that'll be a chore.

While we were at Babiesaurus (the official new nickname of Babies r Us), we saw an adorable pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars in Eliza size. Now she has her first pair of chucks! As for me, I got a pair of One Stars at Target and Brian is probably getting a new pair of New Balance today. Now we're a beshoed, becarseated, and bemedicaltested family.

As for Eliza, she grows more and more hilarious. She loves baths. We taken to calling her rubber duckie tub by his full name. Squeakin' Bill Quackers. She's also developed this throaty growl that sounds like one of Marge's sisters from the Simpsons. She's just trying out her vocal range. And on that front, she's also discovered a very high pitched squeal. Luckily, only dogs in Arizona can hear it, so we're good there. She still attempts to crawl, but she fell over and banged her head. Now she seems less adventurous. When she does try to crawl she screams her head off the entire time. She's working on trying to pull herself into a sitting position on her own, but I suspect that's going to be a few weeks away yet. She simply HATES being on her stomach.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. The batteries in my camera have been dead for a week and I've been too busy to remember to change them. Pictures soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment