Sunday, March 15, 2009

Walmart, Pampers, Price hikes and Package Shrinking

It really irritates me when products shrink their package size and think we're too stupid to notice. We're then expected to dutifully pay the same price. Today at the store we got a double whammy. We paid a dollar more for a box of Pampers Baby Dry and there were four fewer diapers in the box. We used to pay $19.97 for the 100 count box at Walmart. We now pay $20.97 for a similar box that contains 96. It's one thing to raise the price or reduce the package size but both? That's just evil. It's enough to make me consider switching to Huggies. We've been loyal to Pampers because they seemed to help clear up the diapers rash Eliza had when she was born. Now I just don't know. We found a $5 off coupon for Huggies online. We may have to switch.

1 comment:

  1. I switched to Huggies b/c I found they are ten times more absorbent that any other diaper I tried, including pampers. Landon has yet to develop diaper rash and pees like a race horse. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete