Friday, March 20, 2009

Eliza sleeps like a big girl and babbles, too. Also, more on package shrinkage.

The last thing in the subject line has nothing to do with Seinfeld. I was confronted with another incidence of package size shrink yesterday. I was checking out the nutrition information on the back of a can of Starkist tuna. I noticed that the serving size was smaller. Yep. Another case of the sneaky package shrink. We're paying the same price and getting half an ounce less. If the store brand is the old size, I'll be sticking with that from now on. I plan to call out every incidence of this I find. I think it's unconscienable. Especially in this economy. For fans of the 80s movie Mr. Mom, perhaps I should switch to Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart.

Now, about Eliza. As soon as we bought her a new swaddling blanket, bedtime became a nightmare. We'd swaddle her and she'd cry off and on for two hours. Busting out seemed to be her lone objective. Night before last, I was so frustrated I just unswaddled her and it was INSTANT sleep. She slept all night without waking up to cry once. Last night she gave us a hassle about bedtime for about 45 minutes, and then she fell right to sleep and was still sleeping when we got up this morning. I guess swaddling is a thing of the past. I hate that we spent the money on a new blanket, but I'm relieved that she seems to be learning to sleep on her own. Now I need to tackle her new aversion to afternoon naps.

She's also been babbling a ton lately. I tried twice to catch it on video today, but with little success.





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting video of my precious granddaughter so I can watch her grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gargh Mom, could you be more sappy in your blog comments? lol Seriously. =D

    Also, Eliza has the Brian-as-a-small-child syndrome. She will fight people to be on camera until she's like 12, then she will suddenly find any and all reasons NOT to be seen on film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Taquita,
    I have earned the right to be sappy!! I also agree w/ your observation about Brian and his camera syndrome. :)

    ReplyDelete