Thursday, March 12, 2009

Eliza's New Nursery








Eliza's room is considerably smaller at the new house. Unfortunately, that meant not bringing along Grandmomma's dresser from Mayfield. We actually bought her a new chest for the new house and had to use it in our room. Everything else seemed to fit somehow and I finally finished Eliza's room today.

Funny story, though. Brian's Dad and Stepmom bought us a rocking chair when Eliza was born. I love the chair and you'd never know it's a rocking chair. It just looks like a big ole comfy arm chair. It never really rocked right. It always seemed to fall too far forward. Also, the rockers would scrape up the baseboards if it came anywhere close to a wall. The other night, we were sitting in Eliza's room and I started really examining the chair. It occured to me that the rockers might be on backward. I was right. Last night Brian turned the rockers around and now the chair is much more comfortable! You don't constantly feel like you're falling forward. I think Eliza and I are going to enjoy reading stories in that rocking chair.

2 comments:

  1. That is funny- about the rocking chair. Too bad it took so long to realize that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie, The room is looking very good. There will be many stories told and lots of giggles.
    I noticed the TV in the room... Is that for Eliza ot Mommie and Daddy if they are in the room? You did a good job honey

    Mom

    ReplyDelete