Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day at the Cincinnati Zoo

Yesterday morning, at the very last minute, I decided I'd like to spend Mother's Day at the Zoo. Since I was told I could do anything I wanted, Brian couldn't say no. We jumped in the car and headed up I-75 to Cincinnati. It's really not a bad drive at all. Eliza was extremely fussy on the way up, but one emergency diaper change later, we arrived in Cincinnati. Just as we were driving in, we learned that the Reds were playing the Cardinals. We almost ducked out on the zoo plan and went to the baseball game instead. Sadly, the game was 10 minutes in and I've heard parking for Great American is a challenge.

When we arrived at the zoo, we found out that Moms and babies get in free! Yay! Sadly, we also learned that this particular zoo is not at all stroller-friendly. In fact, the Rhino exhibit is down several flights of stairs. There are also several exhibit buildings (including the noturnal animal house) that do not allow strollers at all. We honestly didn't see much. At the exhibits that didn't allow strollers, I sent Brian in to take pictures for us. Eliza was below viewing level most of the day, so the only animal she really saw was the tail end of the Great North American Sweaty Redneck Guy.

We still had fun walking around and we did see some cool giraffes and a very hungry cheetah. Here are some of the better pictures Brian took. I was extremely disappointed that the Polar Bears weren't enjoying an ice cold Coca-Cola. I guess they only drink Coke in an arctic environment.










No comments:

Post a Comment