Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let the sun shine in....

The baby is adjusting to home life by becoming a tan junkie.

The baby had a bit of breastfeeding-related jaundice, so she's been hooked up with a little tanning bed to use in her pack n' play. She looks like such a little Paris Hilton tanning it up. The good news is, her jaundice is clearing up and this should be the last night on the machine. Here she is tanning:

Photobucket

Our daughter is, as expected, rather precocious. She's very curious and constantly surveying her surroundings. She was trying to hold her bottle at 3-days-old and trying to lift her head up to look around the room at 4-days-old. Last night she didn't make a peep for FIVE HOURS in the middle of the night. I even got up and checked on her around 3:30.. She was awake and looking around quietly while we slept. What a kid! She's already working on her impressions. So far she's doing a pretty good Christopher Lloyd and a FANTASTIC Dana Carvey.

As for the rest of us, we're exhausted and proud and so very excited to have our daughter at home. The c-section recovery has gone fairly well. My blood pressure is still an issue, but hopefully that will clear up soon. I'll be interested to see what happens with the gestational diabetes. I plan to ask about that at our doctor's appointment on Friday.

Most of the Eliza pictures have been taken by family members. While we wait for those to roll in, let me show you a couple of my favorite pictures from our time with Eliza.

Brian at the hospital taking care of the baby while I showered:
Photobucket

Eliza on the way home:
Photobucket

The BEST picture. Ever:
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That first picture is just so totally precious! She's a beautiful little girl. The picture of Brian cuddling with her is really sweet too. I'm glad all is going well in babyland for you guys. She's lucky to have such awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is so sweet! PLEASE come visit Lexington if you ever get the chance so I can see her in person! Love the tanning bed shot. Priceless. And the baby-daddy photos are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yeah, I have my room all set up now, so when are you and Baby Amazing going to come live at college with me? lol.

    No wait, I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete