Sunday, January 23, 2011

Disney World, Halloween, Christmas

I never recapped the end of last year.

We went to Disney World between our collective last day at work and Brian's first day at school. It was fun, but insanely hot. I implore you, DO NOT go to Disney World in late July/early August. It felt like we were swimming in humidity. I was really thirsty the entire visit, and they never warn you that the water at all the Disney properties (except Hollywood Studios, actually) tastes like sulfur.













We still had a good time, but I feel like we need to go back sometime soon when the weather isn't so hot.

Brian started school and I started plowing through 60-70 hours a week working at a giant insurance company during open enrollment. We still managed to squeeze in a trip to Halloween Haunt at Kings Island and a trip to the Halloween party at the Louisville Zoo. Eliza also had two different costumes. She was a Renaissance Princess for Halloween Haunt and Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba for the Zoo party and Tick or Treat. She'd be cute even if she'd dressed as Glenn Beck, so she was all set.






I feel like I missed the entire 2010 Christmas season. My work hours were such that I left the house at 5:40AM and didn't return until 7:00PM. Luckily, my last day at work was the week before Christmas, so we had lots of time to spend with family for Christmas. The annual trip to Mayfield yielded lots of Christmas cheer and togetherness (and so many presents for Eliza that we nearly couldn't get everything into our tiny KIA). We had a fantastic time. Thanks to everyone for the fun.









We spent the New Year at home because I was sick, sadly. We still had a good time watching various New Years Rockin' Eves. Eliza didn't even want to stay up until midnight. She asked to go to bed at 11:15. What a good girl!

We thought 2010 had been a pretty challenging year until we actually stopped to look back on it. We had lots of adventures and tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment