Thursday, October 29, 2009

14-months-old!

Eliza is 14-months-old (yesterday. sorry)!

First, we'd like to thank Grandmomma and Granddaddy for the nice Halloween card for Eliza. She absolutely loved looking at it.

Second, we're gearing up for Eliza's first Halloween as a trick-or-treater. We're going to dust off the ballerina duck costume from a couple of weeks ago, but a little fancier. I worked on teaching her to say "trick or treat" the other night. It sound like "tritick", so I think we'll try again tomorrow.

Tonight, however, we finally got around to carving our pumpkin. Here's a picture.



We also (a day late, sorry) took Eliza's 14-month Raggedy Ann picture. She was sleepy and grumpy and a multitude of other dwarves, but we managed to get a shot we could live with.



This month, Eliza became a full blown talker and a full blown walker. It's amazing how much this adorable little kiddo has absorbed in the past 30 days. I can't imagine what a little terror she's going to be when she learns to RUN.

An adorable terror.

3 comments:

  1. Running = Insane mother
    Just an FYI...

    I wish Caylor would talk! He says a few words and speaks a language I don't understand, but I don't think I could get him to say "Trick or Treat"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliza mainly babbles, but she's really learned one phrase well. "Who's that?" and then she'll answer with her name. That's about it. She'll attempt to mimic anything, but it mostly just comes out a garbled mess, like "tritick" instead of "trick or treat". But she's working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the Grammy and Sitter I have many hours with Eliza. She is very active . Don't tell Janie, but she can run. The other day her Aunt Cheryl let her out of her car seat and Eliza said, Thank you.
    Eliza went to my front door to knock then said, "come in" She is stacking her rings on the post... she can't put them in the proper order yet unless handed the rings. She likes to dance and sing to Hi 5 show...Listens intently to Blues Clue Guy.Trying to color. . She lets me know if I have a show on she does not like. She comes to get me and leads me to what she wants...There is much more she has said and done...don't want to bore anyone. She loves people... in stores she has everyone smiling and wanting to talk to her. What is most frustrating is I can seldom get her to repeat all she does for me for her mom and dad. I am looking for a child her age to sit with on a part time basis so she can have a play mate. I will really get a work out then.

    ReplyDelete